Armed Security Guard Company Services In Johannesburg – Are They the Answer to Your VIP Private Event Protection Problems?
The management and the executive officers of a security company are the best determinants of the service a client will receive. In order to be licensed as a qualified manager for a security company by the Johannesburg South Africa security officer must have worked a minimum of one year. Naturally, there are some other requirements and a test that has to be passed, but that is the most difficult and important hurdle. One year of arm guard experience will not suffice to run a professional guard company and ensure professional, reliable service to clients.
As a client, one should always ask to meet with one of the executive officers to ensure that one is hiring a security company that understands all aspects of the security business. Many security guards and clients are under the false impression that a security company is simply an agency that provides security guards. A good security company will have a proven concept of hiring the right people, holding them accountable and adding value to the client’s business.
Holding security officers accountable means establishing checks and balances with security guards, supervisors and the client. There should be electronic equipment used, which will provide the client and the supervisors with a report of the security officer’s activity throughout his shift. Supervisors should be visiting the site frequently to check on and coach the security guards. They should also frequently check in with the client to ensure customer satisfaction.
Many clients might wonder how a security guard can add value to their business side from just providing security services. An excellent security company will find many ways by going beyond their post orders to add value to their client’ business. In a jewelry store the main responsibility of the guard is to protect clients and property, but smiling and being professional and courteous with the customers will improve the atmosphere in the store.
Home Security Company - Will This help You Choose an Alarm Company?
Hiring a private security company can be the great alternative for homes and commercial establishments for ensuring the right protection to the people living and working therein respectively. Particularly, when there is such type of protection to commercial establishments, where a number of people visit each day, the entrepreneurs or business operators functioning from the commercial establishments can be rest assured not only about the safety of their working force, but also the safety of their customers, who are visiting the shops located therein can be assured. As there will be many private security companies in the particular area, it is better to look for the following four main qualities for ensuring that the right company is hired for this purpose:
Integrity: The integrity of the service provider is the third quality to be checked. This means that the company should provide the right kind of patrol service as agreed upon. They should send the appropriate personnel to your premises for the same and the personnel should be as per your requirement as well. For instance, if they are dealing with both armed and unarmed personnel, they should be able to send the appropriate personnel as agreed upon.
Affordability: When searching for private security companies, the affordability feature should also be carefully evaluated. They should be able to provide the best service at the best cost.
What is the Purpose of Security Systems?
Having your own security company can be very rewarding. Financially, there is great potential, and it feels good to know that you are helping people feel safe and secure. Below are necessary steps that must be taken as well as certain considerations that you may want to ponder before taking the first steps toward opening your own security guard company:
TESTING AND LICENSE Most states require written testing. One can inquire about exact state requirements by finding out which state run department oversees private security where you live. In California, for instance, it is the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services who are in charge of all the rules, regulations, and requirements pertaining to private security. Most states will send you study material, if you ask. The testing take a few hours and the costs vary. In Johannesburg, it costs close to $1500 dollars to get fully licensed. Before the license is issued you must, of course, pass the test. Also, you must send in mock of drawings of what your security guard patches will look like. Every security company has their own patches which their officers must wear on their uniform.
OFFICE EXPENSES: Starting small is always best. Many new security companies work out of their home initially. It's important to get all your security guard company forms in order. There are about a dozen security guard forms that you will need such as post logs, incident reports, and a company manual. Forms can also be found on the internet or at your local library.
GUARDS: You may want to start meeting security guards or running free ads to establish yourself in the business. New Security guard companies must network and prepare their staff, even if they are not hired yet. Knowing how to screen and recruit talented, reliable security staff is quite an art and takes experience so you may as well get exposed to it as early as possible. Put yourself out there and meet others in the community that may one day utilize your services. The more prepared you are, the better.
Home Security Company - Will This help You Choose an Alarm Company?
In my industry we only have two kinds of customers: those that are proactive and secure their property before a burglary, or those that wait until the intrusion has already occurred. I hope you are in the former group, but either way here are 10.5 ways to choose your next home security company.
How to choose a top rated home security company? Here are 10.5 ways:
- Is the company really concerned about your safety, or are they just looking get a check? A professional security company will make recommendations that they may or may not offer. For example: trimming your hedges, enhancing door locks or jambs etc.
- Is the company licensed by your state for the products they are offering? Are you shown proof of the license when you request it?
- Do they exceed the minimum levels of insurance required by the state? Proof of adequate insurance should be presented when requested.
- Do the employees meet and / or exceed the state / local requirements? Do they drug test and perform an extensive nationwide criminal background and driving record check? Do the representatives have a PVC photo ID card with company information? Can you visually verify the representative online?
- Is the company an active member of the state and local alarm associations?
- Is the company a local company? Is there local executive leadership that you can reach when you have a problem? Is the company involved in the local community?
- Does your security professional act professional? Did he or she offer to remove his or her shoes prior to entering your home? Did he seem genuinely concerned about you and did she listen to your needs? Were they dressed for success or look like they just woke up?
- If you have pets, a top rated security professional will include the special requirements of your "extended" family in the design of the system. Tragically, fire is responsible for approximately 40,000 pet deaths each year in the home.
- Ask how quickly the security company will install your system after purchase. Also, find out how long their service is scheduled out. (Call the main office and ask for the service department)
- When comparing prices compare detection coverage and features. Not all coverage plans are the same.
10.5 Do not base your decision on price alone. If you are like most people you are rarely happy when you buy something because of its price. You did not buy your home because it was the cheapest. Why would you protect your largest investment with the cheapest security system? In my experience, the decisions based on value have turned out the best. Look for a comfortable blend between price and service and get the best system that you can afford. If someone says they are the cheapest in town, don't argue with them, they likely know what the service is worth.