Armed Security Guard Company Services In Johannesburg – Are They the Answer to Your VIP Private Event Protection Problems?
The management and the executive officers of a security company are the best determinants of the service a client will receive. In order to be licensed as a qualified manager for a security company by the Johannesburg South Africa security officer must have worked a minimum of one year. Naturally, there are some other requirements and a test that has to be passed, but that is the most difficult and important hurdle. One year of arm guard experience will not suffice to run a professional guard company and ensure professional, reliable service to clients.
As a client, one should always ask to meet with one of the executive officers to ensure that one is hiring a security company that understands all aspects of the security business. Many security guards and clients are under the false impression that a security company is simply an agency that provides security guards. A good security company will have a proven concept of hiring the right people, holding them accountable and adding value to the client’s business.
Holding security officers accountable means establishing checks and balances with security guards, supervisors and the client. There should be electronic equipment used, which will provide the client and the supervisors with a report of the security officer’s activity throughout his shift. Supervisors should be visiting the site frequently to check on and coach the security guards. They should also frequently check in with the client to ensure customer satisfaction.
Many clients might wonder how a security guard can add value to their business side from just providing security services. An excellent security company will find many ways by going beyond their post orders to add value to their client’ business. In a jewelry store the main responsibility of the guard is to protect clients and property, but smiling and being professional and courteous with the customers will improve the atmosphere in the store.
How Do You Find Clients for Your Security Company?
In my industry we only have two kinds of customers: those that are proactive and secure their property before a burglary, or those that wait until the intrusion has already occurred. I hope you are in the former group, but either way here are 10.5 ways to choose your next home security company.
How to choose a top rated home security company? Here are 10.5 ways:
- Is the company really concerned about your safety, or are they just looking get a check? A professional security company will make recommendations that they may or may not offer. For example: trimming your hedges, enhancing door locks or jambs etc.
- Is the company licensed by your state for the products they are offering? Are you shown proof of the license when you request it?
- Do they exceed the minimum levels of insurance required by the state? Proof of adequate insurance should be presented when requested.
- Do the employees meet and / or exceed the state / local requirements? Do they drug test and perform an extensive nationwide criminal background and driving record check? Do the representatives have a PVC photo ID card with company information? Can you visually verify the representative online?
- Is the company an active member of the state and local alarm associations?
- Is the company a local company? Is there local executive leadership that you can reach when you have a problem? Is the company involved in the local community?
- Does your security professional act professional? Did he or she offer to remove his or her shoes prior to entering your home? Did he seem genuinely concerned about you and did she listen to your needs? Were they dressed for success or look like they just woke up?
- If you have pets, a top rated security professional will include the special requirements of your "extended" family in the design of the system. Tragically, fire is responsible for approximately 40,000 pet deaths each year in the home.
- Ask how quickly the security company will install your system after purchase. Also, find out how long their service is scheduled out. (Call the main office and ask for the service department)
- When comparing prices compare detection coverage and features. Not all coverage plans are the same.
10.5 Do not base your decision on price alone. If you are like most people you are rarely happy when you buy something because of its price. You did not buy your home because it was the cheapest. Why would you protect your largest investment with the cheapest security system? In my experience, the decisions based on value have turned out the best. Look for a comfortable blend between price and service and get the best system that you can afford. If someone says they are the cheapest in town, don't argue with them, they likely know what the service is worth.
How Do You Start Your Own Security Guard Company?
An inexperienced criminal may be deterred by the video surveillance, it is a known fact of human nature that being watched will make a person behave more respectfully. This is the reason some businesses may have a cardboard cut out shaped like a person standing in a visible area. It may even be one reason for the use of mannequins in stores.
An alarm will turn away the boldest criminal. The piercing sound will break anyone's concentration. Just knowing the police have been alerted and are on their way will force a criminal to flee quickly.
Crime is not just limited to after-hours. Theft can and does occur during open hours. Video surveillance is needed to watch shoppers or customers. If recording, the surveillance video can be viewed at a later time to find what occurred on a previous day. If a surveillance video is used outdoors to watch vehicles entering and leaving a facility, the police may find it helpful in locating a criminal by tracing the vehicle make, model and registration.
Private Security Company
While some new security company owners decide to go it alone, there are others who want the security, pardon the pun, of a security franchise. With a security company franchise, you not only get a name that people know and trust, but you get a lot of help to make your franchise successful. Currently, there are four main security company franchises.
1. Shield Security Systems
4. L & W Investigations
Are You Ready For A Franchise?
Before you sign on and pay the franchise fee to use one of the above franchises for your security company, you should do a self-assessment to determine if you are ready to be part of a franchise.
Do you have enough money to join the franchise? Franchise fees will range between $50,000 and $250,000 usually, depending where you are. In addition, if there are a lot of similar franchises in your area, you may have to pay the other franchises so you can operate in their area, even if they are under the same company name as you.
Also, you need to be able to work within the franchise system. Being an entrepreneur is great, but you won't be able to try out-of-the-box methods if you are part of a franchise. You have to abide by the rules of the franchise. You work for yourself, but you work for the franchise as well and it is important to remember that. Lastly, there are goals and deadlines you need to reach with a franchise, including certain sales figures per month. Are you going to be capable of reaching these early on with your security company?
The Pros and Cons of Buying a Franchise
As with anything, there are benefits and disadvantages of having a franchise. In regards to the benefits, they include the fact that you get the financial stability and backing of a large company. As well, you get the marketing experience of the company, which can be extremely helpful.
Disadvantages include the fact that you have to work within a franchise system, which can be constraining to a free-thinker. You will have to report to a head office and you will have obligations that you have to meet each month with the company. You may also not have as much control over your business as you would like when you are part of a franchise.
All in all, the financial stability and security that a franchise can give you, makes having a franchise security company well worth it when you are first starting out. Just make sure you find the franchise that is right for you.