Armed Security Guard Company Services In Johannesburg – Are They the Answer to Your VIP Private Event Protection Problems?
The management and the executive officers of a security company are the best determinants of the service a client will receive. In order to be licensed as a qualified manager for a security company by the Johannesburg South Africa security officer must have worked a minimum of one year. Naturally, there are some other requirements and a test that has to be passed, but that is the most difficult and important hurdle. One year of arm guard experience will not suffice to run a professional guard company and ensure professional, reliable service to clients.
As a client, one should always ask to meet with one of the executive officers to ensure that one is hiring a security company that understands all aspects of the security business. Many security guards and clients are under the false impression that a security company is simply an agency that provides security guards. A good security company will have a proven concept of hiring the right people, holding them accountable and adding value to the client’s business.
Holding security officers accountable means establishing checks and balances with security guards, supervisors and the client. There should be electronic equipment used, which will provide the client and the supervisors with a report of the security officer’s activity throughout his shift. Supervisors should be visiting the site frequently to check on and coach the security guards. They should also frequently check in with the client to ensure customer satisfaction.
Many clients might wonder how a security guard can add value to their business side from just providing security services. An excellent security company will find many ways by going beyond their post orders to add value to their client’ business. In a jewelry store the main responsibility of the guard is to protect clients and property, but smiling and being professional and courteous with the customers will improve the atmosphere in the store.
5 Easy Steps to Improving Your Security Guard Service
So, you have put together your security company. You have an office, a patrol vehicle and you have your business cards ready to give away. What do you need now? Well, you need what every company needs; customers. Getting customers is what most new companies struggle with, especially if they are in an area saturated with competitors. Your security company needs to find a way to compete with the other security companies out there, and you need to develop new accounts and get new customers.
Get the Word Out
If you want new customers, you have to make sure customers know who you are and that is where advertising comes in. Advertising in a local newspaper, on the radio, or even on television, are all effective means to advertise your company. The only problem related with these methods is that they do cost a lot of money and you may not get the return that you want with these methods. Try a small amount of advertising to start to see what your return on investment is. If you get more customers than you expected, then increase the amount you advertise.
Clients are the lifeblood of any company, especially a security company. If no one pays you to offer them security, then you won't have much to do and you won't make any money. This may seem obvious, but there are many companies that have failed because they did not realize how important it is to acquire and retain customers.
Security Companies Need to Have Higher Standards
In my industry we only have two kinds of customers: those that are proactive and secure their property before a burglary, or those that wait until the intrusion has already occurred. I hope you are in the former group, but either way here are 10.5 ways to choose your next home security company.
How to choose a top rated home security company? Here are 10.5 ways:
- Is the company really concerned about your safety, or are they just looking get a check? A professional security company will make recommendations that they may or may not offer. For example: trimming your hedges, enhancing door locks or jambs etc.
- Is the company licensed by your state for the products they are offering? Are you shown proof of the license when you request it?
- Do they exceed the minimum levels of insurance required by the state? Proof of adequate insurance should be presented when requested.
- Do the employees meet and / or exceed the state / local requirements? Do they drug test and perform an extensive nationwide criminal background and driving record check? Do the representatives have a PVC photo ID card with company information? Can you visually verify the representative online?
- Is the company an active member of the state and local alarm associations?
- Is the company a local company? Is there local executive leadership that you can reach when you have a problem? Is the company involved in the local community?
- Does your security professional act professional? Did he or she offer to remove his or her shoes prior to entering your home? Did he seem genuinely concerned about you and did she listen to your needs? Were they dressed for success or look like they just woke up?
- If you have pets, a top rated security professional will include the special requirements of your "extended" family in the design of the system. Tragically, fire is responsible for approximately 40,000 pet deaths each year in the home.
- Ask how quickly the security company will install your system after purchase. Also, find out how long their service is scheduled out. (Call the main office and ask for the service department)
- When comparing prices compare detection coverage and features. Not all coverage plans are the same.
10.5 Do not base your decision on price alone. If you are like most people you are rarely happy when you buy something because of its price. You did not buy your home because it was the cheapest. Why would you protect your largest investment with the cheapest security system? In my experience, the decisions based on value have turned out the best. Look for a comfortable blend between price and service and get the best system that you can afford. If someone says they are the cheapest in town, don't argue with them, they likely know what the service is worth.
How Do You Find Clients for Your Security Company?
An inexperienced criminal may be deterred by the video surveillance, it is a known fact of human nature that being watched will make a person behave more respectfully. This is the reason some businesses may have a cardboard cut out shaped like a person standing in a visible area. It may even be one reason for the use of mannequins in stores.
An alarm will turn away the boldest criminal. The piercing sound will break anyone's concentration. Just knowing the police have been alerted and are on their way will force a criminal to flee quickly.
Crime is not just limited to after-hours. Theft can and does occur during open hours. Video surveillance is needed to watch shoppers or customers. If recording, the surveillance video can be viewed at a later time to find what occurred on a previous day. If a surveillance video is used outdoors to watch vehicles entering and leaving a facility, the police may find it helpful in locating a criminal by tracing the vehicle make, model and registration.