How Do You Select The Best Armed VIP Private Event Security Guard Services for a Company in Security Guard Services List?
If you decide to use Security Guard Services to protect your business and people you should use the following tips to ensure that you get the quality you pay for. I will say that it may cost you more to get this quality but if you force the contracted security company to work for a lower price they will deliver lower standard guards in some cases, but more importantly, if they accept your low price it means they are saving money elsewhere. These security companies will have lower quality controls and increased number of safety concerns due to poor occupational health and safety systems.
Verbal communication skills
All clients want security guards that can speak English well so their customers can understand directions and instructions clearly. Their verbal skills are also needed to resolve conflicts peacefully.
Security guards main duty is to detect security problems and safety hazards before they become a problem for your business. Most Security Guard Services in Johannesburg do not teach observation skills in any form. These training companies believe that people have eyes and have been using them for their entire life so they know how to observe already. Completely wrong. That is like saying that because we have been eating food all our lives we can be food critics and know how to judge a chefs product.
Pay attention to the level of verbal skills used during the interview. Especially the number of incorrect words used and lengthy pauses while they think of the words to use. This type of skills signals poor verbal ability and comprehension during normal conversation they will struggle during security incidents. If they have to repeat themselves to you so you understand what they are saying- don’t use them.
Avoid using any security guards that feel they need to have bald heads or crew cuts because they don’t want their hair grabbed during a fight. They shouldn’t need to fight if they know how to do their job properly. This goes the same for security guard services that refuse to wear ties in case someone grabs it during a fight. Get elastic or clip on ties. Problem solved. I prefer it if someone wants to grab my tie instead of punching me because they have just wasted the first move and not injured me. Game over.
Ask how long they have worked for this security company. Security companies have high turnover and throw inexperienced guards at clients every month or worse, they use sub-contracted guards that you have no quality control over and the security company doesn’t even know them.
Interesting Facts About Security Guard Services in Johannesburg :
Having your own security company can be very rewarding. Financially, there is great potential, and it feels good to know that you are helping people feel safe and secure. Below are necessary steps that must be taken as well as certain considerations that you may want to ponder before taking the first steps toward opening your own security guard company:
TESTING AND LICENSE Most states require written testing. One can inquire about exact state requirements by finding out which state run department oversees private security where you live. In California, for instance, it is the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services who are in charge of all the rules, regulations, and requirements pertaining to private security. Most states will send you study material, if you ask. The testing take a few hours and the costs vary. In Johannesburg, it costs close to $1500 dollars to get fully licensed. Before the license is issued you must, of course, pass the test. Also, you must send in mock of drawings of what your security guard patches will look like. Every security company has their own patches which their officers must wear on their uniform.
OFFICE EXPENSES: Starting small is always best. Many new security companies work out of their home initially. It's important to get all your security guard company forms in order. There are about a dozen security guard forms that you will need such as post logs, incident reports, and a company manual. Forms can also be found on the internet or at your local library.
GUARDS: You may want to start meeting security guards or running free ads to establish yourself in the business. New Security guard companies must network and prepare their staff, even if they are not hired yet. Knowing how to screen and recruit talented, reliable security staff is quite an art and takes experience so you may as well get exposed to it as early as possible. Put yourself out there and meet others in the community that may one day utilize your services. The more prepared you are, the better.
Best Tips on Security Guard Services in Johannesburg
An inexperienced criminal may be deterred by the video surveillance, it is a known fact of human nature that being watched will make a person behave more respectfully. This is the reason some businesses may have a cardboard cut out shaped like a person standing in a visible area. It may even be one reason for the use of mannequins in stores.
An alarm will turn away the boldest criminal. The piercing sound will break anyone's concentration. Just knowing the police have been alerted and are on their way will force a criminal to flee quickly.
Crime is not just limited to after-hours. Theft can and does occur during open hours. Video surveillance is needed to watch shoppers or customers. If recording, the surveillance video can be viewed at a later time to find what occurred on a previous day. If a surveillance video is used outdoors to watch vehicles entering and leaving a facility, the police may find it helpful in locating a criminal by tracing the vehicle make, model and registration.
5 Easy Steps to Improving Your Security Guard Service
In my industry we only have two kinds of customers: those that are proactive and secure their property before a burglary, or those that wait until the intrusion has already occurred. I hope you are in the former group, but either way here are 10.5 ways to choose your next home security company.
How to choose a top rated home security company? Here are 10.5 ways:
- Is the company really concerned about your safety, or are they just looking get a check? A professional security company will make recommendations that they may or may not offer. For example: trimming your hedges, enhancing door locks or jambs etc.
- Is the company licensed by your state for the products they are offering? Are you shown proof of the license when you request it?
- Do they exceed the minimum levels of insurance required by the state? Proof of adequate insurance should be presented when requested.
- Do the employees meet and / or exceed the state / local requirements? Do they drug test and perform an extensive nationwide criminal background and driving record check? Do the representatives have a PVC photo ID card with company information? Can you visually verify the representative online?
- Is the company an active member of the state and local alarm associations?
- Is the company a local company? Is there local executive leadership that you can reach when you have a problem? Is the company involved in the local community?
- Does your security professional act professional? Did he or she offer to remove his or her shoes prior to entering your home? Did he seem genuinely concerned about you and did she listen to your needs? Were they dressed for success or look like they just woke up?
- If you have pets, a top rated security professional will include the special requirements of your "extended" family in the design of the system. Tragically, fire is responsible for approximately 40,000 pet deaths each year in the home.
- Ask how quickly the security company will install your system after purchase. Also, find out how long their service is scheduled out. (Call the main office and ask for the service department)
- When comparing prices compare detection coverage and features. Not all coverage plans are the same.
10.5 Do not base your decision on price alone. If you are like most people you are rarely happy when you buy something because of its price. You did not buy your home because it was the cheapest. Why would you protect your largest investment with the cheapest security system? In my experience, the decisions based on value have turned out the best. Look for a comfortable blend between price and service and get the best system that you can afford. If someone says they are the cheapest in town, don't argue with them, they likely know what the service is worth.
Security Companies Are a Dime a Dozen
A Private Security Company (PSC) is a registered civilian company that specializes in providing contract commercial services to domestic and foreign entities with the intent to protect personnel and humanitarian and industrial assets within the rule of applicable domestic law.
The PSC market has been in existence for a lot longer, is far larger and generally much more competitive than that for military services. PSC's are profit driven organizations that trade in professional services linked to internal security and protection. The majority of PSC's are smaller companies predominantly concerned with crime prevention and ensuring public order, providing security and private guard services domestically. In a number of states as diverse as the US, the UK, Israel, Germany, Russia, South Africa and the Philippines. The number of domestic PSC's and size of their budgets exceed those of public law enforcement agencies. A minority of PSC's are organized in larger companies sharing the same corporate attributes and command structures as Private Military Companies.
3. The Investigation & Risk Management Sector: This is the smallest and comprises private investigators whose activities range from the dangerous to the mundane, from the tragic to hilarious: from matrimonial disputes, labor matters, vetting, expert witness services, private and industrial espionage, counterintelligence and anti- and counter-surveillance, to VIP protection from undercover and surveillance missions. Risk management consulting is the least visible of all sectors and possibly the most problematic and potentially threatening to the state.
- Security Guard Companies Near Me Gauteng
- Top Security Guard Companies Roodepoort
- Best Security Guard Companies Randburg
- Largest Security Guard Companies Johannesburg
- Local Security Guard Companies Fourways
- Private Security Guard Companies Johannesburg
- Company Security Guard Fourways
- Security Guard Services Fourways
- Guarding Security Services Gauteng
- Security Guard Services Near Me Fourways
- Security Guard Service Provider Johannesburg
- Private Security Guard Services Centurion