How Do You Select The Best Armed VIP Private Event Security Guard Services for a Company in Security Guard Services List?
If you decide to use Security Guard Services to protect your business and people you should use the following tips to ensure that you get the quality you pay for. I will say that it may cost you more to get this quality but if you force the contracted security company to work for a lower price they will deliver lower standard guards in some cases, but more importantly, if they accept your low price it means they are saving money elsewhere. These security companies will have lower quality controls and increased number of safety concerns due to poor occupational health and safety systems.
Verbal communication skills
All clients want security guards that can speak English well so their customers can understand directions and instructions clearly. Their verbal skills are also needed to resolve conflicts peacefully.
Security guards main duty is to detect security problems and safety hazards before they become a problem for your business. Most Security Guard Services in Johannesburg do not teach observation skills in any form. These training companies believe that people have eyes and have been using them for their entire life so they know how to observe already. Completely wrong. That is like saying that because we have been eating food all our lives we can be food critics and know how to judge a chefs product.
Pay attention to the level of verbal skills used during the interview. Especially the number of incorrect words used and lengthy pauses while they think of the words to use. This type of skills signals poor verbal ability and comprehension during normal conversation they will struggle during security incidents. If they have to repeat themselves to you so you understand what they are saying- don’t use them.
Avoid using any security guards that feel they need to have bald heads or crew cuts because they don’t want their hair grabbed during a fight. They shouldn’t need to fight if they know how to do their job properly. This goes the same for security guard services that refuse to wear ties in case someone grabs it during a fight. Get elastic or clip on ties. Problem solved. I prefer it if someone wants to grab my tie instead of punching me because they have just wasted the first move and not injured me. Game over.
Ask how long they have worked for this security company. Security companies have high turnover and throw inexperienced guards at clients every month or worse, they use sub-contracted guards that you have no quality control over and the security company doesn’t even know them.
Interesting Facts About Security Guard Services in Johannesburg :
So, you have put together your security company. You have an office, a patrol vehicle and you have your business cards ready to give away. What do you need now? Well, you need what every company needs; customers. Getting customers is what most new companies struggle with, especially if they are in an area saturated with competitors. Your security company needs to find a way to compete with the other security companies out there, and you need to develop new accounts and get new customers.
Get the Word Out
If you want new customers, you have to make sure customers know who you are and that is where advertising comes in. Advertising in a local newspaper, on the radio, or even on television, are all effective means to advertise your company. The only problem related with these methods is that they do cost a lot of money and you may not get the return that you want with these methods. Try a small amount of advertising to start to see what your return on investment is. If you get more customers than you expected, then increase the amount you advertise.
Clients are the lifeblood of any company, especially a security company. If no one pays you to offer them security, then you won't have much to do and you won't make any money. This may seem obvious, but there are many companies that have failed because they did not realize how important it is to acquire and retain customers.
Best Tips on Security Guard Services in Johannesburg
Starting a security company is just a matter of paying a license fee, holding a security qualification and having two people give you a reference. This is about the level required and a person can set up a security company. Think about this when you decide to use a security company to provide you with security guards to protect your valuable assets and employees. Who is the security company owner and what proof have they provided of their ability to protect your valuables
How much practical experience have they had in preparing and organising the security procedures and methods to protect you
What guarantee do you have if some of your valuable information, assets, or employees are injured because their security failed as promised
Security company checking
To manage the risks to your business better you will need to do a little research before you decide to contract a security company to protect your business. I know of very few clients that actually do a check of the security company and just assume that they know what they are doing because they say they do. I have often been tasked to fix up the mistakes made by selecting the wrong security company after they have cost the client thousands of dollars due to service failures.
When you start looking for a security company in Johannesburg I recommend that you ask for their company brochure and material. I know that it is just advertising material and someone in marketing put it together, but consider this: if they make statements of guarantees or claims of ability you could possibly have enough evidence weight if you needed to pursue a court case. More importantly it is difficult for their managers to argue with you when you ask that they do what they say in the brochure.
There are a lot of ex-police members that go to work in the security industry as managers or specialised consultants. They are generally very capable people and have a great passion for protecting people. You do need to be aware of some key differences between an ex-police security manager and a career security professional.
- Career security professionals work in the industry as their chosen career path and not as a fall back job when they leave the police service.
- Police members are trained in community policing and have a $2 Billion funding purse to provide the latest in equipment and resources when they go to work. Private security have little resources and need to rely on their own skills to solve problems.
- When a situation gets tricky the police members called in lots of back up and never worked alone. Security guards almost always work alone and the closest back up is over 1 hour away if at all.
- Police members are used to having firearms and batons when dealing with drunks and robbers but the security guard only has a radio most of the time.
With all this in mind, who do you think has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to better fix your problems and stay within your budget.
© Copyright 2008 by Paul Baker
Security Companies Are a Dime a Dozen
In my industry we only have two kinds of customers: those that are proactive and secure their property before a burglary, or those that wait until the intrusion has already occurred. I hope you are in the former group, but either way here are 10.5 ways to choose your next home security company.
How to choose a top rated home security company? Here are 10.5 ways:
- Is the company really concerned about your safety, or are they just looking get a check? A professional security company will make recommendations that they may or may not offer. For example: trimming your hedges, enhancing door locks or jambs etc.
- Is the company licensed by your state for the products they are offering? Are you shown proof of the license when you request it?
- Do they exceed the minimum levels of insurance required by the state? Proof of adequate insurance should be presented when requested.
- Do the employees meet and / or exceed the state / local requirements? Do they drug test and perform an extensive nationwide criminal background and driving record check? Do the representatives have a PVC photo ID card with company information? Can you visually verify the representative online?
- Is the company an active member of the state and local alarm associations?
- Is the company a local company? Is there local executive leadership that you can reach when you have a problem? Is the company involved in the local community?
- Does your security professional act professional? Did he or she offer to remove his or her shoes prior to entering your home? Did he seem genuinely concerned about you and did she listen to your needs? Were they dressed for success or look like they just woke up?
- If you have pets, a top rated security professional will include the special requirements of your "extended" family in the design of the system. Tragically, fire is responsible for approximately 40,000 pet deaths each year in the home.
- Ask how quickly the security company will install your system after purchase. Also, find out how long their service is scheduled out. (Call the main office and ask for the service department)
- When comparing prices compare detection coverage and features. Not all coverage plans are the same.
10.5 Do not base your decision on price alone. If you are like most people you are rarely happy when you buy something because of its price. You did not buy your home because it was the cheapest. Why would you protect your largest investment with the cheapest security system? In my experience, the decisions based on value have turned out the best. Look for a comfortable blend between price and service and get the best system that you can afford. If someone says they are the cheapest in town, don't argue with them, they likely know what the service is worth.
Security Companies Are a Dime a Dozen
A Private Security Company (PSC) is a registered civilian company that specializes in providing contract commercial services to domestic and foreign entities with the intent to protect personnel and humanitarian and industrial assets within the rule of applicable domestic law.
The PSC market has been in existence for a lot longer, is far larger and generally much more competitive than that for military services. PSC's are profit driven organizations that trade in professional services linked to internal security and protection. The majority of PSC's are smaller companies predominantly concerned with crime prevention and ensuring public order, providing security and private guard services domestically. In a number of states as diverse as the US, the UK, Israel, Germany, Russia, South Africa and the Philippines. The number of domestic PSC's and size of their budgets exceed those of public law enforcement agencies. A minority of PSC's are organized in larger companies sharing the same corporate attributes and command structures as Private Military Companies.
3. The Investigation & Risk Management Sector: This is the smallest and comprises private investigators whose activities range from the dangerous to the mundane, from the tragic to hilarious: from matrimonial disputes, labor matters, vetting, expert witness services, private and industrial espionage, counterintelligence and anti- and counter-surveillance, to VIP protection from undercover and surveillance missions. Risk management consulting is the least visible of all sectors and possibly the most problematic and potentially threatening to the state.
- Security Guard Companies Near Me Gauteng
- Top Security Guard Companies Roodepoort
- Best Security Guard Companies Randburg
- Largest Security Guard Companies Johannesburg
- Local Security Guard Companies Fourways
- Private Security Guard Companies Johannesburg
- Company Security Guard Fourways
- Security Guard Services Fourways
- Guarding Security Services Gauteng
- Security Guard Services Near Me Fourways
- Security Guard Service Provider Johannesburg
- Private Security Guard Services Centurion