How Do You Select The Best Armed VIP Private Event Security Guard Services for a Company in Vip Security Protection List?
If you decide to use Vip Security Protection to protect your business and people you should use the following tips to ensure that you get the quality you pay for. I will say that it may cost you more to get this quality but if you force the contracted security company to work for a lower price they will deliver lower standard guards in some cases, but more importantly, if they accept your low price it means they are saving money elsewhere. These security companies will have lower quality controls and increased number of safety concerns due to poor occupational health and safety systems.
Verbal communication skills
All clients want security guards that can speak English well so their customers can understand directions and instructions clearly. Their verbal skills are also needed to resolve conflicts peacefully.
Security guards main duty is to detect security problems and safety hazards before they become a problem for your business. Most Vip Security Protection in Johannesburg do not teach observation skills in any form. These training companies believe that people have eyes and have been using them for their entire life so they know how to observe already. Completely wrong. That is like saying that because we have been eating food all our lives we can be food critics and know how to judge a chefs product.
Pay attention to the level of verbal skills used during the interview. Especially the number of incorrect words used and lengthy pauses while they think of the words to use. This type of skills signals poor verbal ability and comprehension during normal conversation they will struggle during security incidents. If they have to repeat themselves to you so you understand what they are saying- don’t use them.
Avoid using any security guards that feel they need to have bald heads or crew cuts because they don’t want their hair grabbed during a fight. They shouldn’t need to fight if they know how to do their job properly. This goes the same for security guard services that refuse to wear ties in case someone grabs it during a fight. Get elastic or clip on ties. Problem solved. I prefer it if someone wants to grab my tie instead of punching me because they have just wasted the first move and not injured me. Game over.
Ask how long they have worked for this security company. Security companies have high turnover and throw inexperienced guards at clients every month or worse, they use sub-contracted guards that you have no quality control over and the security company doesn’t even know them.
Interesting Facts About Vip Security Protection in Johannesburg :
Starting a security company is just a matter of paying a license fee, holding a security qualification and having two people give you a reference. This is about the level required and a person can set up a security company. Think about this when you decide to use a security company to provide you with security guards to protect your valuable assets and employees. Who is the security company owner and what proof have they provided of their ability to protect your valuables
How much practical experience have they had in preparing and organising the security procedures and methods to protect you
What guarantee do you have if some of your valuable information, assets, or employees are injured because their security failed as promised
Security company checking
To manage the risks to your business better you will need to do a little research before you decide to contract a security company to protect your business. I know of very few clients that actually do a check of the security company and just assume that they know what they are doing because they say they do. I have often been tasked to fix up the mistakes made by selecting the wrong security company after they have cost the client thousands of dollars due to service failures.
When you start looking for a security company in Johannesburg I recommend that you ask for their company brochure and material. I know that it is just advertising material and someone in marketing put it together, but consider this: if they make statements of guarantees or claims of ability you could possibly have enough evidence weight if you needed to pursue a court case. More importantly it is difficult for their managers to argue with you when you ask that they do what they say in the brochure.
There are a lot of ex-police members that go to work in the security industry as managers or specialised consultants. They are generally very capable people and have a great passion for protecting people. You do need to be aware of some key differences between an ex-police security manager and a career security professional.
- Career security professionals work in the industry as their chosen career path and not as a fall back job when they leave the police service.
- Police members are trained in community policing and have a $2 Billion funding purse to provide the latest in equipment and resources when they go to work. Private security have little resources and need to rely on their own skills to solve problems.
- When a situation gets tricky the police members called in lots of back up and never worked alone. Security guards almost always work alone and the closest back up is over 1 hour away if at all.
- Police members are used to having firearms and batons when dealing with drunks and robbers but the security guard only has a radio most of the time.
With all this in mind, who do you think has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to better fix your problems and stay within your budget.
© Copyright 2008 by Paul Baker
Best Tips on Vip Security Protection in Johannesburg
In my industry we only have two kinds of customers: those that are proactive and secure their property before a burglary, or those that wait until the intrusion has already occurred. I hope you are in the former group, but either way here are 10.5 ways to choose your next home security company.
How to choose a top rated home security company? Here are 10.5 ways:
- Is the company really concerned about your safety, or are they just looking get a check? A professional security company will make recommendations that they may or may not offer. For example: trimming your hedges, enhancing door locks or jambs etc.
- Is the company licensed by your state for the products they are offering? Are you shown proof of the license when you request it?
- Do they exceed the minimum levels of insurance required by the state? Proof of adequate insurance should be presented when requested.
- Do the employees meet and / or exceed the state / local requirements? Do they drug test and perform an extensive nationwide criminal background and driving record check? Do the representatives have a PVC photo ID card with company information? Can you visually verify the representative online?
- Is the company an active member of the state and local alarm associations?
- Is the company a local company? Is there local executive leadership that you can reach when you have a problem? Is the company involved in the local community?
- Does your security professional act professional? Did he or she offer to remove his or her shoes prior to entering your home? Did he seem genuinely concerned about you and did she listen to your needs? Were they dressed for success or look like they just woke up?
- If you have pets, a top rated security professional will include the special requirements of your "extended" family in the design of the system. Tragically, fire is responsible for approximately 40,000 pet deaths each year in the home.
- Ask how quickly the security company will install your system after purchase. Also, find out how long their service is scheduled out. (Call the main office and ask for the service department)
- When comparing prices compare detection coverage and features. Not all coverage plans are the same.
10.5 Do not base your decision on price alone. If you are like most people you are rarely happy when you buy something because of its price. You did not buy your home because it was the cheapest. Why would you protect your largest investment with the cheapest security system? In my experience, the decisions based on value have turned out the best. Look for a comfortable blend between price and service and get the best system that you can afford. If someone says they are the cheapest in town, don't argue with them, they likely know what the service is worth.
Security Companies Need to Have Higher Standards
When property managers hire security guard companies they have a picture in mind of what their contract security force will look like, but too often what they get is not what they pictured. What we have found is that most security guard companies are capable of providing the service that property managers want, but too often do not because of a lack of ongoing quality control procedures.
Security guard companies are unlike any vendor that a property manager usually hires. If you hire a painter, you can see whether or not they are doing their jobs by looking at the walls. But when you hire a security guard company, how often can you see whether the guard company is doing their job which includes running background checks and drug screenings, providing good training for your guards, and effectively monitoring and supervising your guards. In most instances they probably are, but it is important to implement a system of verification and quality control to ensure that problems associated with the lack of performing these jobs do not begin to occur.
In this article we will discuss five (5) easy steps to improving your security guard service and achieving what you picture as your ideal security guard force.
Screen Your Guards Qualifications
In many states, guards are mandated to have a specified amount of training before they can begin working as security guards. If your state is one of these states, ensure that your security guard company is compliant.
If you are in a state where there are no state requirements for guard certification, then investigate the type of training that is being provided by your security company and ask yourself does it seem adequate.
Additionally, is your security guard company performing background and drug screenings on all your guards BEFORE they send them to your property? If they are, they should be providing you with verifications. If not, why?
Inspect Your Guards
After hours inspections of your guards are always great ways of finding out exactly what is happening with your security while you are not there. During these inspections, make sure to ask your security guards questions about their duties and responsibilities to ensure that they understand their jobs. In fact, we suggest having your security guards audited regularly, formally (i.e. post inspection) and informally (i.e. secret shopped) by a licensed security consultant as part of your ongoing security program.
Firms like Asymmetric Strategies provide a free service aimed at doing exactly that. Remember, when choosing a security consultant be sure that the consultant is not actually a security guard company. If so, your audit is sure to turn up problems with your current security guard company.
Meet with your Security Guard Company Regularly
The fifth and easiest step is to regularly meet with your security company. Without providing regular feedback to your security guard company, property managers are missing out on opportunities to achieve incremental increases in efficiency. Topics such as tenant feedback, guard attrition, feedback from any remote supervisory systems, and any security audits should be discussed during these meetings.
For property managers, getting the security that they want is sometimes just a matter of putting the right processes in place to make sure that all parties understand what is expected. The five easy steps that we outline here are just a few for you to consider. For more ideas or suggestions, please feel free to contact us by email at info@Khayaembali.co.za or contact a licensed security consultant in your area.
Security Companies Are a Dime a Dozen
Hiring a private security company can be the great alternative for homes and commercial establishments for ensuring the right protection to the people living and working therein respectively. Particularly, when there is such type of protection to commercial establishments, where a number of people visit each day, the entrepreneurs or business operators functioning from the commercial establishments can be rest assured not only about the safety of their working force, but also the safety of their customers, who are visiting the shops located therein can be assured. As there will be many private security companies in the particular area, it is better to look for the following four main qualities for ensuring that the right company is hired for this purpose:
Integrity: The integrity of the service provider is the third quality to be checked. This means that the company should provide the right kind of patrol service as agreed upon. They should send the appropriate personnel to your premises for the same and the personnel should be as per your requirement as well. For instance, if they are dealing with both armed and unarmed personnel, they should be able to send the appropriate personnel as agreed upon.
Affordability: When searching for private security companies, the affordability feature should also be carefully evaluated. They should be able to provide the best service at the best cost.
- Vip Protection Midrand
- Vip Protection Services Midrand
- Vip Protection Agencies Johannesburg
- Security Vip Protection Pretoria
- Vip Protection Security South Africa
- Vip Protection Unit Sandton
- Vip Security Protection Johannesburg
- Vip Security Services Midrand
- Vip Security Guard Randburg
- Vip Security Solutions Midrand
- Vip Security Company Roodepoort
- Vip Security Systems Pretoria
- Vip Security Camera Systems Johannesburg