When property managers hire Security Guard Services in Fourways they have a picture in mind of what their contract security force will look like, but too often what they get is not what they pictured. What we have found is that most security guard companies are capable of providing the service that property managers want, but too often do not because of a lack of ongoing quality control procedures.
Protection security companies are unlike any vendor that a property manager usually hires. If you hire a painter, you can see whether or not they are doing their jobs by looking at the walls. But when you hire a VIP protection guard company, how often can you see whether the guard company is doing their job which includes running background checks and drug screenings, providing good training for your guards, and effectively monitoring and supervising your guards. In most instances they probably are, but it is important to implement a system of verification and quality control to ensure that problems associated with the lack of performing these jobs do not begin to occur.
In this article we will discuss five (5) easy steps to improving your security guard service and achieving what you picture as your ideal security guard force.
Screen Your Guards Qualifications
In many states, guards are mandated to have a specified amount of training before they can begin working as security guards. If your state is one of these states, ensure that your security guard company is compliant.
If you are in a state where there are no state requirements for guard certification, then investigate the type of training that is being provided by your security company and ask yourself does it seem adequate.
Additionally, is your security guard company performing background and drug screenings on all your guards BEFORE they send them to your property? If they are, they should be providing you with verification. If not, why?
Inspect Your Guards
After hours inspections of VIP crowd management event armed security guard service, it is always great ways of finding out exactly what is happening with your security while you are not there. During these inspections, make sure to ask your security guards questions about their duties and responsibilities to ensure that they understand their jobs. In fact, we suggest having your security guards audited regularly, formally (i.e. post inspection) and informally (i.e. secret shopped) by a licensed security consultant as part of your ongoing security program.
Firms like Asymmetric Strategies provide a free service aimed at doing exactly that. Remember, when choosing a security consultant be sure that the consultant is not actually a security guard company. If so, your audit is sure to turn up problems with your current security guard company.
Meet with your Security Guard Company Regularly
The fifth and easiest step is to regularly meet with your security company. Without providing regular feedback to your security guard company, property managers are missing out on opportunities to achieve incremental increases in efficiency. Topics such as tenant feedback, guard attrition, feedback from any remote supervisory systems, and any security audits should be discussed during these meetings, which is why they use best armed VIP private event security guard services.
For property managers, getting the security that they want is sometimes just a matter of putting the right processes in place to make sure that all parties understand what is expected. The five easy steps that we outline here are just a few for you to consider. For more ideas or suggestions, please feel free to contact us by email at info@Khayaembali.co.za or contact a licensed security consultant in your area.
How Do You Select The Best Protection Services for all Security Guard Services?
Finding the right security company you can trust and that will be there for you and your company in the future is a difficult task. There are literally hundreds, sometimes thousands of security companies in a given geographic location. Many of these companies are fly by night operations that have little business experience or security expertise at all. These companies typically work out of a home or simply a single truck. You may be surprised to find out that almost anyone can start a security company overnight. These companies use local distributors of security products to purchase their products and supplies. They have no manufacturer certifications, no stock inventory, and sometimes a cell phone is the main company number. This is not to say that there are not good security companies out there. On the contrary, there are a number of good and reputable companies that have trained employees that are certified on the products they install.
Asking these simple questions can help give you the peace of mind that the security company protecting your company and your employees is a quality one. Think about a time when you selected a company or a product that didn't deliver on its promises. The disappointment, the amount of time squandered, and most importantly, the money wasted on selecting the wrong product or company. Take the time before selecting a security company to find out more than just the product they are selling you, find out about the company itself. A good quality, strong company, will most likely reflect the same in its product selection.
For Best Protection Use Security Guard Services in Fourways
A Private Security Company (PSC) is a registered civilian company that specializes in providing contract commercial services to domestic and foreign entities with the intent to protect personnel and humanitarian and industrial assets within the rule of applicable domestic law.
The PSC market has been in existence for a lot longer, is far larger and generally much more competitive than that for military services. PSC's are profit driven organizations that trade in professional services linked to internal security and protection. The majority of PSC's are smaller companies predominantly concerned with crime prevention and ensuring public order, providing security and private guard services domestically. In a number of states as diverse as the US, the UK, Israel, Germany, Russia, South Africa and the Philippines. The number of domestic PSC's and size of their budgets exceed those of public law enforcement agencies. A minority of PSC's are organized in larger companies sharing the same corporate attributes and command structures as Private Military Companies.
3. The Investigation & Risk Management Sector: This is the smallest and comprises private investigators whose activities range from the dangerous to the mundane, from the tragic to hilarious: from matrimonial disputes, labor matters, vetting, expert witness services, private and industrial espionage, counterintelligence and anti- and counter-surveillance, to VIP protection from undercover and surveillance missions. Risk management consulting is the least visible of all sectors and possibly the most problematic and potentially threatening to the state.
10 Tips For Hiring Good Security Guards - Will This Help You?
Hiring a private security company can be the great alternative for homes and commercial establishments for ensuring the right protection to the people living and working therein respectively. Particularly, when there is such type of protection to commercial establishments, where a number of people visit each day, the entrepreneurs or business operators functioning from the commercial establishments can be rest assured not only about the safety of their working force, but also the safety of their customers, who are visiting the shops located therein can be assured. As there will be many private security companies in the particular area, it is better to look for the following four main qualities for ensuring that the right company is hired for this purpose:
Integrity: The integrity of the service provider is the third quality to be checked. This means that the company should provide the right kind of patrol service as agreed upon. They should send the appropriate personnel to your premises for the same and the personnel should be as per your requirement as well. For instance, if they are dealing with both armed and unarmed personnel, they should be able to send the appropriate personnel as agreed upon.
Affordability: When searching for private security companies, the affordability feature should also be carefully evaluated. They should be able to provide the best service at the best cost.
Security Company Management
In my industry we only have two kinds of customers: those that are proactive and secure their property before a burglary, or those that wait until the intrusion has already occurred. I hope you are in the former group, but either way here are 10.5 ways to choose your next home security company.
How to choose a top rated home security company? Here are 10.5 ways:
- Is the company really concerned about your safety, or are they just looking get a check? A professional security company will make recommendations that they may or may not offer. For example: trimming your hedges, enhancing door locks or jambs etc.
- Is the company licensed by your state for the products they are offering? Are you shown proof of the license when you request it?
- Do they exceed the minimum levels of insurance required by the state? Proof of adequate insurance should be presented when requested.
- Do the employees meet and / or exceed the state / local requirements? Do they drug test and perform an extensive nationwide criminal background and driving record check? Do the representatives have a PVC photo ID card with company information? Can you visually verify the representative online?
- Is the company an active member of the state and local alarm associations?
- Is the company a local company? Is there local executive leadership that you can reach when you have a problem? Is the company involved in the local community?
- Does your security professional act professional? Did he or she offer to remove his or her shoes prior to entering your home? Did he seem genuinely concerned about you and did she listen to your needs? Were they dressed for success or look like they just woke up?
- If you have pets, a top rated security professional will include the special requirements of your "extended" family in the design of the system. Tragically, fire is responsible for approximately 40,000 pet deaths each year in the home.
- Ask how quickly the security company will install your system after purchase. Also, find out how long their service is scheduled out. (Call the main office and ask for the service department)
- When comparing prices compare detection coverage and features. Not all coverage plans are the same.
10.5 Do not base your decision on price alone. If you are like most people you are rarely happy when you buy something because of its price. You did not buy your home because it was the cheapest. Why would you protect your largest investment with the cheapest security system? In my experience, the decisions based on value have turned out the best. Look for a comfortable blend between price and service and get the best system that you can afford. If someone says they are the cheapest in town, don't argue with them, they likely know what the service is worth.