How Do You Select The Best Armed VIP Private Event Security Guard Services for a Company in Event Security Services List?
If you decide to use Event Security Services to protect your business and people you should use the following tips to ensure that you get the quality you pay for. I will say that it may cost you more to get this quality but if you force the contracted security company to work for a lower price they will deliver lower standard guards in some cases, but more importantly, if they accept your low price it means they are saving money elsewhere. These security companies will have lower quality controls and increased number of safety concerns due to poor occupational health and safety systems.
Verbal communication skills
All clients want security guards that can speak English well so their customers can understand directions and instructions clearly. Their verbal skills are also needed to resolve conflicts peacefully.
Security guards main duty is to detect security problems and safety hazards before they become a problem for your business. Most Event Security Services in Randburg do not teach observation skills in any form. These training companies believe that people have eyes and have been using them for their entire life so they know how to observe already. Completely wrong. That is like saying that because we have been eating food all our lives we can be food critics and know how to judge a chefs product.
Pay attention to the level of verbal skills used during the interview. Especially the number of incorrect words used and lengthy pauses while they think of the words to use. This type of skills signals poor verbal ability and comprehension during normal conversation they will struggle during security incidents. If they have to repeat themselves to you so you understand what they are saying- don’t use them.
Avoid using any security guards that feel they need to have bald heads or crew cuts because they don’t want their hair grabbed during a fight. They shouldn’t need to fight if they know how to do their job properly. This goes the same for security guard services that refuse to wear ties in case someone grabs it during a fight. Get elastic or clip on ties. Problem solved. I prefer it if someone wants to grab my tie instead of punching me because they have just wasted the first move and not injured me. Game over.
Ask how long they have worked for this security company. Security companies have high turnover and throw inexperienced guards at clients every month or worse, they use sub-contracted guards that you have no quality control over and the security company doesn’t even know them.
Interesting Facts About Event Security Services in Randburg:
An inexperienced criminal may be deterred by the video surveillance, it is a known fact of human nature that being watched will make a person behave more respectfully. This is the reason some businesses may have a cardboard cut out shaped like a person standing in a visible area. It may even be one reason for the use of mannequins in stores.
An alarm will turn away the boldest criminal. The piercing sound will break anyone's concentration. Just knowing the police have been alerted and are on their way will force a criminal to flee quickly.
Crime is not just limited to after-hours. Theft can and does occur during open hours. Video surveillance is needed to watch shoppers or customers. If recording, the surveillance video can be viewed at a later time to find what occurred on a previous day. If a surveillance video is used outdoors to watch vehicles entering and leaving a facility, the police may find it helpful in locating a criminal by tracing the vehicle make, model and registration.
Best Tips on Event Security Services in Randburg
So, you have put together your security company. You have an office, a patrol vehicle and you have your business cards ready to give away. What do you need now? Well, you need what every company needs; customers. Getting customers is what most new companies struggle with, especially if they are in an area saturated with competitors. Your security company needs to find a way to compete with the other security companies out there, and you need to develop new accounts and get new customers.
Get the Word Out
If you want new customers, you have to make sure customers know who you are and that is where advertising comes in. Advertising in a local newspaper, on the radio, or even on television, are all effective means to advertise your company. The only problem related with these methods is that they do cost a lot of money and you may not get the return that you want with these methods. Try a small amount of advertising to start to see what your return on investment is. If you get more customers than you expected, then increase the amount you advertise.
Clients are the lifeblood of any company, especially a security company. If no one pays you to offer them security, then you won't have much to do and you won't make any money. This may seem obvious, but there are many companies that have failed because they did not realize how important it is to acquire and retain customers.
Is This How You Evaluate Security Company Franchises?
In the last article that I wrote, I spoke on the subject of procurement for security services. Since the release of this article, I have spoken with a few property and facility managers. These conversations have inevitably turned to pricing. I wanted to take the opportunity to answer a few of these questions. It is my commitment to explain in short detail how to unmask the secrets for costs of service.
How does a vendor price a service?
Every vendor is different, which is not always good for you, the consumer. To be effective in comparing the best value for the product, you have to compare everything equally. For a long time, the security industry standard has been to provide a pay wage range for the security officers and the monthly and yearly cost of the total contact. This has masked the substance of the true cost and what it means to you. When purchasing a construction vendor, material costs are itemized and labor is broken down for each specific task. I suggest you demand an itemized list of costs from each security vendor when requesting services from them. The way to standardize this, is to provide a detailed pricing sheet in the RFP, which all vendors are required to fill out. This seems simple, however, it is rare that the price sheet is detailed enough for you to fully understand all of the costs. The next section will give you some ideas on what factors you should include in this pricing sheet. It is through this standardized approach that you will be able to evaluate that best value for your money.
In short, I will leave you with this. Understand the cost to you by itemizing each line item to provide you with a clear understanding how that affects you. By doing this correctly, you will be able to answer your own questions about markup and set the standard for pricing comparatively. If you have any question, please call me. The worst thing that could happen is I would have to write another article.
Hiring A Private Security Company
In my industry we only have two kinds of customers: those that are proactive and secure their property before a burglary, or those that wait until the intrusion has already occurred. I hope you are in the former group, but either way here are 10.5 ways to choose your next home security company.
How to choose a top rated home security company? Here are 10.5 ways:
- Is the company really concerned about your safety, or are they just looking get a check? A professional security company will make recommendations that they may or may not offer. For example: trimming your hedges, enhancing door locks or jambs etc.
- Is the company licensed by your state for the products they are offering? Are you shown proof of the license when you request it?
- Do they exceed the minimum levels of insurance required by the state? Proof of adequate insurance should be presented when requested.
- Do the employees meet and / or exceed the state / local requirements? Do they drug test and perform an extensive nationwide criminal background and driving record check? Do the representatives have a PVC photo ID card with company information? Can you visually verify the representative online?
- Is the company an active member of the state and local alarm associations?
- Is the company a local company? Is there local executive leadership that you can reach when you have a problem? Is the company involved in the local community?
- Does your security professional act professional? Did he or she offer to remove his or her shoes prior to entering your home? Did he seem genuinely concerned about you and did she listen to your needs? Were they dressed for success or look like they just woke up?
- If you have pets, a top rated security professional will include the special requirements of your "extended" family in the design of the system. Tragically, fire is responsible for approximately 40,000 pet deaths each year in the home.
- Ask how quickly the security company will install your system after purchase. Also, find out how long their service is scheduled out. (Call the main office and ask for the service department)
- When comparing prices compare detection coverage and features. Not all coverage plans are the same.
10.5 Do not base your decision on price alone. If you are like most people you are rarely happy when you buy something because of its price. You did not buy your home because it was the cheapest. Why would you protect your largest investment with the cheapest security system? In my experience, the decisions based on value have turned out the best. Look for a comfortable blend between price and service and get the best system that you can afford. If someone says they are the cheapest in town, don't argue with them, they likely know what the service is worth.
- Event Security Services Roodepoort
- Event Solutions Security Services Roodepoort
- Events Security Services Ltd Johannesburg
- Special Event Security Fourways
- Special Event Security Services Sandton
- Special Event Security Guards Gauteng
- Security Guard Special Events Gauteng
- Private Event Security Johannesburg
- Private Party Security Midrand
- Top Private Security Companies Gauteng
- Concert Security Companies South Africa
- Concert Security Services Johannesburg
- Show And Event Security Randburg
- Show & Event Security Roodepoort
- Hire Security Guard For Event Centurion